Tips for booking cheaper hotels
- 1. Get AAA - A lot of hotels have great discounted rates for AAA members. If you are not a triple A member, it may be cheaper to join and then book a hotel. Once you go into a hotel ask them if they have additional triple A discount, it may save you some money.
- 2. Book during less busy times - Book on weekdays instead of weekends, book during offseason for greater savings.
- 3. Sacrifice quality if you are planning to travel a lot - It' no point booking a 5 star hotel when you are going to spend most of your time seeing attractions. If you plan to spend time outside a lot then it's better going for a lower quality hotel and saving some money.
- 4. Search independently owned hotels - They may be easier to haggle with and the owner's familiarity with the area may give you tips on the best and cheapest eateries.
- 5. Check out hotel reviews - Most travel sites such as Hotels.com have invaluable and unbiased reviews on lots of hotels. Read what others liked or disliked about the hotels and it will help you make a wise decision.
They have been in business over 15 years and their website is one of the best for booking hotels. In addition, if you find a lower price, they have a price match guarantee to make sure you are getting the best rate possible.